Mobile phones have become a multifaceted device and different dimensions are added to it offering Value Added Services. One such VAS, facilitating call management is Missed call alert. The missed call alert is a lead generation value added service that allows mobile operators to equip the customers with an easy to use call log and notification system, for the calls missed while the called party was unreachable or his mobile device was switched-off. This, in turn increases their day-to-day call efficiency.
The missed call alert VAS service uses SMS to inform the receiver about the calls missed whilst they were not reachable, as well as to inform the calling party of the availability of the called party when they are reachable. The text message sent to the calling party can also be modified by end users. The number of subscribers to which the missed call notification is sent to, can also be controlled.
The WPITS missed called notification system (“Missed Call Notification”) has flexible event logging and statistics collection subsystems that allow collection of all information that is necessary for system functioning analysis and business-parameters analysis. The following information is available from event logging subsystem:
• Incoming calls log and counters
• SMS sending log and counters
• SMS delivery log and counters
• Profile change log and counters
• Alarm log (SNMP optionally available)
• SS7 Settings management
• Service parameters management
• Subscriber profile management
• Message management
• SMPP connection parameters management
• Statistic and CDR information viewing
• Increased call completion rate and enhanced revenue, by using the platform for push advertising.
• Missed call alerts increase the average revenue per user thereby increasing the overall message revenue.
• It reduces customer churn by enhancing user experience.
• For business users, MCA improves productivity.